Saturday, November 26, 2011

20 lbs of turkey/8 people=2.5 lbs per person

well, the blog thing isn't working out too well for the brackens is it? Updates since whenever in September: Seth got lasik, his vision has successfully improved a ton! But I mean really, he couldn't see the BIG "E" on the wall, so anything was an improvement. Seth is also being recommended by the Cadre (the big deals at the BYU/UVU AFROTC detachment) for a scholarship. And I interviewed for a pretty good deal job with HAP Alaska Yukon. (status still pending) and the rest is as follows.

Another thanksgiving successfully completed with out getting sick. Tragidy did strike, the only grandfather I have really ever known at all in my life past away the day before thanksgiving. My parents didn't really teach us to be that close to him, or any of them for that matter, but I can't help but feeling a pit of guilt for not having made the time to see him, especially after I got home from my mission.

On the other side of the family note, since all of the brackens will be in various places around the world for Christmas we decided (or maybe I insisted) we should celebrate Christmas on Thanksgiving. I had known for some time that Seth was scheming something with Bethany, but couldn't really figure out exactly what it was. I had decided over the summer that we would be able to go visit the Silvermans for spring break, but when it boiled down to looking at the then current price of tickets, over 800$ a ticket it wasn't really something we could afford. That conversation resulted in my weeping for an entire day. Well guess what, the brackens all pitched in and we're going to St. Thomas for spring break next year! Double bonus, we scored tickets for less than 500$ a piece! This is a big plus seeing that with our current place of residence and the job we work during the summer 47 out of the 52 weeks in a year are spent in 50 degree or less weather. OH triple plus, baby Jacob will be around!

But on the downside thanksgiving break is coming to an end, tomorrow being the last day sends us spiraling into the last two weeks of this semester. The most annoying part of this break has been the amount of work my professors have assigned. For example, I have a math test that starts on Monday and goes through Wednesday (the review for this was last Monday, a lot of good that does), a paper due in one class and 3 quizzes due in 2 different classes. I would like to personally thank Dr. Ellis Jensen for not assigning anything over the break...and that woman who teaches my swimming class: I would thank you, but you didn't show up to class Tuesday and didn't even bother to tell us not to.

1 comment:

  1. Elise! You better not have spoiled your Christmas with that Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete