Monday, September 10, 2012

race against the 4:30 sun

Let me start off by saying, this post would be much more epic written from my laptop which has photos that I painstakingly took from my phone.  Laptop in car, equals post from desktop, sorry for your loss.

So as I mentioned before, we are BACK from Alaska, and if we thought that meant comfort in a routine and some time to relax, we were wrong.  Between Seth and I we have 20 textbooks for our 36.5 credit hours.    That is so many textbooks that Seth had to up grade his backpack to a hiking day pack + laptop bag and I am toting around a full back pack and often times an arm full of novels (such is the life of a partial English major).  Between classes and study time for the 36.5 credit hours we spend an average of 9 hours on campus every day.  Often while studying in the Lakeview room we have to race against the sun, and by 4:30 the room is done with us.  Mondays are especially excruciating for me with classes from 9 am to 7:30 pm, but think about Seth who spends from 5:30 am to 5 pm on Fridays.  I wish I could say that when we got home we could relax, but that often ends up in additional study time (as we speak Seth is studying and I haven't even touched my homework due tomorrow morning at 9).

On a more positive and less complaining note, we do have the unique opportunity to actually take 36.5 credit hours and not have to worry about things like jobs, major bills, a mortgage or anything like that.  When we do have time off, we have time off for each other and get to do awesome things like go on bike rides, watch movies and have dinner with our friends that we were deprived of all summer, and throw awesome and extravagant showers for people who are having small humans (check out next weeks post for a recap of my party throwing debut), not to mention update this blog thing here.  So stay tuned folks, things are about to get pretty rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment