First of all the colon is not very commonly used in american print, did you know that if you are combining sentences you could technically use a colon AND capitalize the first letter of the first word after the colon? Neither did I! Do you know of anyone who cares? Neither do I!
Some of you may have heard that Seth mistakenly left his laptop in the restroom at UVU, when he returned 30 minutes later it was gone, and hasn't turned up since. We've spent a lot of time going back and forth between getting a new laptop for him, an iPad, a desktop, or if he should have to go through the rest of the semester with out one. We are still in debates about that.
Last weekend we went to India Fest at the Kirshna Temple in Spanish Fork.
The Kershna Temple is home to iconic festivals such as Lama Fest, India Fest, and around mid march you might notice most of you BYU going friends changing their profiles pictures to the end results of this--------------------------------------->which is Holi Fest, more lovingly known as Color Fest (if you can't tell by photo it is a festival of throwing colored chalk in the air and dancing around). Holi Fest is sort of a right of passage, something that is on most people's to do list like: Hike Timp, Visit the national/state parks (Arches, Zions, Capitol Reef), and not to mention eat at brick oven or j-dawgs. However something about throwing colored chalk in the air and dancing around doesn't seem to appeal to Seth, so I've settled for India fest which is much more to his tastes.
I'm not yelling at him, the photo we had just taken before this one was super corny I believe the words said before this one were "now lets take one that isn't so engagement picturey" but you get the idea of what it was like.
honey dew, collards red pears, apples, limes, avocado, yams, carrots and bananas. Unfortunately we don't have the fat back to cook the collards right now, so trim the fat off my bacon to use it. The yams were a super nice treat because Monday (our busiest day) we made a version of this soup. It was super impromptu we used can of drained corn instead of the frozen, yams instead of the sweet potato, and a green pepper rather than the orange. Also we only used 1 table spoon of chili power (2 would add quite the bang) and last second I couldn't remember if it called for chicken boulian so I threw one in for good measure. Guess what, IT WAS AWESOME. Probably the single most triumphant use of a crock pot yet (oh yeah we followed the first reviewers crock pot method). The only thing I would have changed was the fact that we had to leave it in the crock pot for 11 hours, I'm sure it was sufficiently delicious after 8.
Anyways, next weekend look forward to a review of a weekend off and to ourselves as we gear up for the ever busy General Conference weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment